GUARDIAN HOMES PROGRAM
Available Guardian Opportunity
Female Puppy #1-Female puppy from Zuni and Teddy. This puppy will be petite is size (20-25lbs) with a non-shedding and loose wavy coat. She will be ready on 10/1/23 when she is 8 weeks old. We are unsure which of the three female we will be choosing until after vet checks are completed. Puppy must come back to us for 3 litters (is she passes health testing). One of the below three puppies will be the one chosen- puppy selection is solely made by the breeder.
Please reach out for more info!
Guardian Home Program Information
We pride ourselves in being an IN-HOME breeding program. This means that we do not keep any of our dogs in kennels or outdoor enclosures. We want an equally great life for all our dogs (breeding and pet dogs) so we have decided to introduce our Guardian Program. This program enables every dog to get the individual attention, love, and care they deserve and allows Selah Mountain to continue producing beautiful unrelated litters from these dogs. Although we would like to have several dogs in our home (more dogs to cuddle!), we feel its best for our family and dogs to find amazing homes outside our household to receive individualized love and bond with a special family. Monetary compensation is given to our guardian home families for each litter produced with their dog, this is a way to off-set the day to day costs on caring for this beautiful dog.
Selah Mountain Dogs is financially responsible for every guardian dogs breeding related health testing (OFA & Genetic Disease), all reproductive costs and sterilization after the dog is retired. The Guardian Home would be responsible for any incidental (accident-related) circumstances, vet bills due to common colds/sickness and also the day to day costs. Day to day costs include; food, grooming, flea and worm treatment, obedience training, and vaccinations. Once Selah Mountain Dogs retires and sterilizes the particular breeding dog, the ownership would be transferred to the Guardian's name and all responsibilities for the dog would be the new owners. Should it occur, compensation for the death of the dog would be required from the guardian if the guardian is found to be at fault or negligent.
- Live within a 3-5 hour radius of Pagosa Springs, Colorado OR in the Colorado Springs area.
- Be willing and able to transport the dog to Pagosa Springs OR Colorado Springs (currently about 1 time per year for females). We will give ample time to prepare for this transportation.
- FOR MALES- Be willing and able to transport the dog to and from a reproductive vet closest to your area for the collection of semen for AI services which is either Colorado Springs, Montrose or Littleton Colorado areas. We will give ample time to prepare for this transportation.
- You must not have an intact dog (male or female) in your home or property. Also, you must not visit with intact dogs while the guardian female is in heat or visiting intact dog is in heat to avoid unauthorized breeding.
- Understand that the dog is a breeding dog owned by Selah Mountain Dogs and CANNOT breed with any other dogs outside of those approved by Selah Mountain Dogs and in the presence of the Selah Mountain Dogs LLC owners.
- You must fill out an application for the program under the "Guardian Dog Program" application. Available below.
- You must read and understand the specifications of the Selah Mountain Dogs contract for the Guardian Dog Program.
- You must agree, sign and uphold the Guardian Dog Program contract the entirety of the dogs breeding career and/or contract.
- You must agree that any clauses broken by the Guardian in the Guardian Dog Program contract can result in legal action and fines.